How Cute are these!?
I know you’re probably thinking this is a hard, time consuming, messy craft, but it actually was not! It really was a lot of fun, it made me feel like I was back in grade school, but plus it’s something creative and fun DIY to do with your dog. Plus it is a keepsake!
So important things to remember before you start:
- Buy non-toxic finger paint
- Have all the supplies ready before you start, especially some water and paper towels to wipe your dog’s paw off after, so you don’t have white paw prints over your house.
- Allow about 30 minutes – that includes prep time, art work, & clean up time.
- White non-toxic paint
- Orange non-toxic paint
- Black non-toxic paint
- Paper Plate
- Paper towels
- Bowl with Water to wipe off paws
- Paint Brushes
- Hair Dryer
- Black Construction Paper
- Silver Sharpie
Sorry it’s not the best video, it was a little hard to record and do a craft. I’ll try and get a better one 😉
Most of the supplies purchased came from the dollar store & hobby lobby, if I didn’t have the items at home already. Good Luck and let us know if you try it at home! Share your pictures in the comment section below or tag us @fitnesswithfido.fit
Do you shop online? If so get paid to shop on stores you more than likely were already going to shop on! Use my referral link to get cash back, there’s no sign up fee or anything. Simply find a store on their site, then you Ebates and you recieve a commission, it’s that easy!
- Have your supplies ready
- Add a little white paint to the plate, more can be added if necessary.
- Place your dog’s paw in the paint gently & place on the black construction paper
- Depending on the width of your dog’s paw & the size you want your snowman, but make 3 rows
- Wash off your dog’s paw in the water bowl & wipe off with paper towels. Their work is done!
- Next add snowflakes, snow, etc. with the remaining white paint.
- Make sure to close the paint or raise it up so your dog doesn’t run into it.
- Let the white paint dry before adding any other color. I used a hair dryer to save time.
- With the hair dryer on warm & low it took about 5 minutes compared to air drying for about 30 minutes.
- Saves time cleaning up and to finish your craft.
- Once it dry, with black paint, add your snowman’s face, body, etc.
- Add a carrot nose and anything else you like.
- Add your dog’s name & date with a silver sharpie
- Let it dry
- Hang it on your fridge!