What I love most about this meal is it’s quick, simple, cheap and yummy!
All it takes is 4 ingredients and maybe 15 minutes of your time.
Plus it’s an awesome vegetarian dish!
Peas and Chickpeas are high in fiber and protein. They also have a lot of health benefits, like helping you feel full! The protein works together with fiber to slow digestion and promote feelings of fullness.
Peas and Chickpeas are also dog friendly.
– Sweat Peas (can or frozen)
– Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans (2 cans)
– Naan (I like Garlic Flavor)
– Tikka Masala Sauce
I bought all of this from Aldi’s for like $10 and normally get about 4-6 meals out of it
1) Rinse the peas and/or chickpeas if they are canned.
2) Cook the Peas & Chickpeas together in a pot according to the directions
3) While the beans are cooking, warm up the Naan in the oven for about 5 minutes
4) Once the beans are cooked AND before adding the sauce
5) Place some of the beans on top of your dog’s food bowl
6) Next add the sauce to the pot of beans and stir. Serve with the Naan and enjoy!
Make sure to share the beans with your dog before adding the sauce. The sauce may contain onions and garlic which are not dog friendly. Also the sauce may be too spicy for your best friend.
Optional is to add Jasmine Rice if you want more carbs or to stretch your meals/budget.
Let us know if you liked this recipe or if you tried another sauce @Fitnesswithfido.fit