A Tilt Board or Rocker Board is another simple project to make at home to help build up core strength and body awareness for your dog. It cost about $30 to make it and you do have to be a tad bit handy with a power drill. Making one can save you a lot of money compared to buying one because it costs a lot to ship since it is large and heavy.
- Drill Bit 1/4″
- 2 * 2 Board ($6.99)
- Step & Ladder 2 in Tread ($12.97)
- 1-1/4*2ft PVC Pipe (Pre-cut $2.72)
- 1-1/4 PVC Caps (2 @ $.98)
- 1-1/2″ Straps 2 pack ($1.39)
- 1/4″*20*1-1/2 Screws with Bolts ($1.18)
- Washers (4 @ $.17)
I bought everything from Home Depot. These prices might vary store to store.
- Center the PVC Pipe on the board
- Evenly place the straps on the pipe
- Mark the holes with the pen
- Drill where you marked
- Add the screws
- Lay flat and add pipe with the caps already attached
- Place the straps on
- Add washers and screws, then tighten
- Spray paint the board whatever color you chose and let it dry completley
- Measure and cut 6 strips of safety tape (Important for grip!)
- Apply the safety tape evenly covering the bolts and press down firmly
- It’s ready to go! Always use caution and supervise so your dog doesn’t get hurt.
A tilt board helps with body awareness and building core strength. The main difference between a wobble board and a tilt board is a wobble board can rotate in all 4 directions and a tilt board goes side to side.
Perfect to build up a dog’s confidence with their balance. Side to side movement provides more control and the large surface is great for bigger dogs. Also great for puppies, seniors or beginner dogs new to exercise or agility. Always use caution so your dog doesn’t have their paws under the board and accidentally step on their own paws.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Follow us on Youtube for exercises to do with the Tilt Board!